Lanenga Family

Lanenga Family

Thursday, August 7, 2014

July.

July has been a month of ups and downs. Living close to Matt's parents we have been able to enjoy their company often. They made the trek over to celebrate America's Birthday with us. Nashville does it right with some fun family festivals--inflatable bounce houses, petting zoos, good food, good fireworks. The highlight was watching all of the fireflies around us and the fireworks at the same time. What amazing creatures. The boys were pretty impressed with fireworks.
Another exciting event for the Lanenga household: WE BOUGHT A HOUSE!!! We've been looking for awhile and found one that fits us. We are excited to move soon and have our own place for the first time ever. Volunteers are welcome :)
Kaden had a lot of fun in his Tball league. The game he got to bring home the gameball, he was so excited he just had to sleep with it. It was a fun season and we look forward to more. WE also celebrated another anniversary (8!!!) and Matt's Birtday--we love you!
My maternal Grandmother suffered a stroke and passed away peacefully with her children by her side. I am so grateful for this kind, loving woman who never ceased to worry--mainly about those she loved. She raised a WONDERFUL woman who became my mom. I truly am blessed. I'm grateful to know that I will see her again, and that presently she is surrounded by so many she loves who passed on before her, namely my Grandpa. All of my siblings and cousins were able to gather and enjoy our time together as we mourned and celebrated her. I love you Grandma Bea! Until we meet again...

2 comments:

Ashley said...

How neat that your whole family was able to get together to celebrate your grandma!

Your house is adorable! So excited for your guys!!

Anonymous said...

Your house looks beautiful! Congratulations! So Nashville is becoming your permanent residence? Sorry about Grandma Bea. I love that old picture of her with your grandpa.